If you live in Vanderhoof or Saik'uz First Nation, these are the resources and services close to you.
1) Nechako Valley Community Services Society - www.nvcss.ca
250-567-9205 - 157 W Victoria St, Vanderhoof
Mental Health and Counselling for children and youth.
2) Carrier Sekani Family Services - www.csfs.org
250-567-2900 - 240 West Stewart Street, Vanderhoof
Mental Health and Counselling for children and youth living on or off reserve.
3) Vanderhoof Health Unit/Mental Health and Addiction Services - www.northernhealth.ca
Provides mental health and addiction services for youth to adults. Located on Hospital Road, past the hospital.
4) Ministry of Family and Child Development - www.gov.bc.ca/mcf
Child Protection and Guardianship.
5) Nechako Valley Secondary School (NVSS) - go to our school website
Call the school at 250-567-2291
Email the Principal
Nechako Valley Secondary School has school counsellors in the school that is happy to talk with you. Please drop in to the counsellor's room anytime (main hallway down from the office).
6) Omineca Medical Clinic - 250-567-2201
Located on Hospital Road, across from the hospital.
Visit the closest Emergency Room when in crisis or Call 911
7) St. John Hospital - 250-567-2211 in Vanderhoof has an Emergency Room and doctors at this hospital have direct communication to additional mental health and substance use services.
There are many other ways of addressing mental health and/or substance use issues for youth and parents in our area. Provided here are links to accredited (trained professionals) that provide alternative care, such as exercise (eg. yoga), private councelling, massage, and infant care. More details to come.